Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good Progress

I am happy to announce that we are finally moving forward in two major areas:

1. Our adoption/foster licensing is officially under-way. We have been assigned a licensor, and are working hard to hide all our imperfections, guns, ammo, rabid dogs, choking hazards, and hard liquor.

I will keep you posted as the actual homestudy draws near.

2. We are going to get the ball rolling regarding doing IVF in the Czech Republic next May. I have thought long and hard about this one, and after quite a bit of research on all possibilities-such as doing here in the States at various clinics, and all the viable and reputable foreign options, I feel so good about trying it out in Czech. The cost of the entire trip would be about 2/3 the cost of just the procedure alone here. And honestly, I think I will cope better with the stress of it if I can trick myself into thinking: "It is not IVF, it is a fun vacation which may result in a new family member" Yes, I am that basic.
Here is a link to the website if you are interested: http://www.myivfalternative.com/ The program is run by a chica who has an incredible story of perserverance.
Here is a link to a blogger who chronicled her experiences with IVF in Czech. She has great faith and a good attitude and I need to bump up my game in both areas. http://tidwell-babymakingjourneytoczech.blogspot.com

I have this feeling that big things are in the works, and great things are going to happen, but I can get so overwhelmed wondering what exactly I should be doing to help things along.
I guess the best progess that has been made is that H and I both feel like each of these steps are the right ones to be making, and we both are happy and content thinking about the many ways our children will come to us.

2 comments:

Natalee said...

I am so glad to hear that things are in motion. We will continuously be praying for you. Who knows, you may get kids both ways:)

Court said...

We'll for sure be praying for y'all, too. I sense you are on the cusp of something great!