We were on pins and needles waiting for the embryologist to call yesterday so we could get the final count. But apparently I was mistaken, and the embryos are only checked on day three and the day of transfer because the more often they are looked at, the more stressed they get. So we had to go to the appointment today and make the decision of implanting one or two on the fly. We wracked our brains yesterday going over every scenario, polling friends and family, and ultimately not knowing what we would decide.
The doctor sat down with us and informed us that we had four embryos still dividing. All four were of medium quality. None were blastocysts yet, which is the desired stage, so not only were we ineligible to participate in the single embryo transfer study, she strongly recomended we implant two. It was maybe not the greatest news, but almost laughable that we had been so distraught about the decision, and here it was, essentially made for us. I am actually really happy with how things went.
The stage of my embryos are called morulas. The two that were not implanted are going to hang out in the lab one more day, and we will get a call tomorrow to tell us their status and a recomendation on whether they are even worth freezing.
I was under the impression that I could just go right back to work, but they gave me some Valium which rendered me good for nothin anyway, and told me I really should have bedrest today and tomorrow. Sounds good to me. According to the doctor, I have about a 40% chance of pregnancy. That also sounds good to me.
So let the countdown to the pregnancy test begin...